I worked with Bob in the 1970s, when Ralph Nader was doing a "study" of ETS; Bob and I were part of the team offering a response to Ralph's observations and charges. I was "selected" because I was the youngest...just out of college...and the executives thought I would have a better idea of how a PIRG (Public Interest Research Group...a bunch of passionate, activist grad students and recent grads) would look at an institution such as ETS.
Bob was a wonderful boss and an wonderful mentor; I was his administrative assistant for several years, trying to tackle the piles of paper on his desk, helping him to stay organized. Hmmm...I wish I had such an assistant now to tackle the piles on MY desk, and help ME stay organized! :)
I remember a wonderful gathering at Bob and Gloria's house...we all made "personal pizzas"...throwing on all sorts of delightful toppings and relishing the fresh food and vibrant tastes...not to mention the great company provided by Bob and Gloria.
I have enjoyed reading about Bob's life, as he is someone who certainly shaped mine, even though that was over 30 years ago.
Much love to you and Gloria always, Bob...you were an inspiring influence on me then, and alway will be. Much love, Audre Griffiths Wenzler Gutierrez, Santa Fe, NM March 22, 2009
I worked with Bob in the 1970s, when Ralph Nader was doing a "study" of ETS; Bob and I were part of the team offering a response to Ralph's observations and charges. I was "selected" because I was the youngest...just out of college...and the executives thought I would have a better idea of how a PIRG (Public Interest Research Group...a bunch of passionate, activist grad students and recent grads) would look at an institution such as ETS.
ReplyDeleteBob was a wonderful boss and an wonderful mentor; I was his administrative assistant for several years, trying to tackle the piles of paper on his desk, helping him to stay organized. Hmmm...I wish I had such an assistant now to tackle the piles on MY desk, and help ME stay organized! :)
I remember a wonderful gathering at Bob and Gloria's house...we all made "personal pizzas"...throwing on all sorts of delightful toppings and relishing the fresh food and vibrant tastes...not to mention the great company provided by Bob and Gloria.
I have enjoyed reading about Bob's life, as he is someone who certainly shaped mine, even though that was over 30 years ago.
Much love to you and Gloria always, Bob...you were an inspiring influence on me then, and alway will be. Much love, Audre Griffiths Wenzler Gutierrez, Santa Fe, NM March 22, 2009